From Perth to Edinburgh, and around, and back again

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hello from Belgium!

Hi everyone!

I'm writing this from the internet cafe at the bottom of our hostel in Brugges, Belgium. Me and Sa left London this morning after watching the crappy-arse Arsenal lose to West Ham at Highbury last night. It was my first Arsenal game and it was a crappy performance, but at least I got to see the place before they tear the place down at the end of the season.

We did heaps in London - went to Westminster, Big ben, the parliament, Covent Gardens, the Globe theatre etc. It was great fun, and I'd like to come back later when I've got more time to do everything in more detail.

Brugges is a tiny tourist town, famous for choccies and the bikes that everyone seems to be riding around here. You hire them from a place in the middle of the city and then you can ride them all round the place. Like the rest of Europe, the people here drive on the right - which is really weird, especially when trying to look the right way cross the road.

Anyway, its off to Paris tomorrow! I've gotten heaps of nice choccies to take back and some lollies too. Didn't get the strawberry bonbons but I think I got something similar. The chocs will have to make up for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home